Jockey Club C · Care Programme – SAHK Carers Support Service is funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. It aims to provide full support to the carers/family members of the persons with disabilities (including the persons with disabilities*) in reducing their stress level and caring burden.
* The school leavers in the 7 Schools for Children with Physical Disability in Hong Kong, who are waiting for the subvented social services
- Enhance the wellness and resilience of the carers
- Capacity building of persons with disabilities
- Build up community network and social recognition of the carers
- Family-focused Approach: to support the whole family, including the carers, family members and the persons with disabilities.
- Case Management Model: the services, provided by a designated Social Worker, cover assessment and on-going intervention support and service coordination. Through continuous support to fulfill the various needs of the family.
- Emotional and Psychological Counseling: to provide emotional and psychological support as well as counseling service to the carers.
- Multi-services and Community Resources Matching: to provide home respite care service, emergency assistance, therapy service for people with disabilities, caring skill training for carers, referrals, and community resources matching.
- Carers Support Network: to build up mutual support and volunteer engagement network.
Users and Details
- Carers/family members of the persons with disabilities (including the persons with disabilities*).
*The school leavers in the 7 Schools for Children with Physical Disability in Hong Kong, who are waiting for the subvented social services
110 families per year
Application of Service
Referrals can be made by Social Workers, or through direct application by the carers/family members of the persons with disabilities
Termination of Service
Service users may terminate service voluntarily at any juncture of the service process; service can be terminated upon allocation of subvented service to the persons with disabilities.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Thursday: 1:00pm to 9:00pm
(Closed on Mondays, Sundays and Public Holidays)